Why doesn't it record calories when using the HRM in heart rate mode doing an aerobics workout?
If you select a calories or basic workout instead and use the nike+ sensor will that be accurate for an aerobic workout? Basically I want to be able to monitor my heartrate and track my calories during a cardio kickboxing class, can this be done?
- Asked by Lindsey P from Midlothian
- Mar 3, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Why doesn't it record calories when using the HRM in heart rate mode doing an aerobics workout?)
2 Answers from the Community
It used to record calories when using the HRM in heart-rate mode.
I used to use it regularly during Spin classes, where there is no foot impact, so the shoe sensor is redundant. I used to use the heart-rate strap and nano+transmitter and it worked fine.
However, since the Nike+ website moved from the flash version of the site to the HTML only, this functionality seems to have been lost.
I've raised a support ticket, which was a few months ago now, with Nike+ team. No idea if/when this functionality will return. It doesn't seem to be problem with the iPod side - just the way the website is recording calories for HRM runs.
Right now, if you use the HRM strap with the shoe sensor and perform a non-heart-rate exercise workout, the website will record your heart-rate correctly but give wrong calories readouts (or zero). For example a 45min bicycle heart-rate workout with an average of 160 bpm will come out as 6 calories.
- Answered by Dipak P
- Aug 10, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
It used the sensor in your shoe if you are tracking calories. I wouldn't think that would be accurate for kickboxing.
- Answered by Scott E from Mercer Island
- Apr 9, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Will the Wahoo app run in the background and record heart rate and calories burned while I use Nike+ running app?
- Asked by Tracy M from Lethbridge
- May 19, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the Wahoo app run in the background and record heart rate and calories burned while I use Nike+ running app?)
- Asked about: Wahoo TICKR
Does it also record your heart rate?
- Asked by Jorge F from Chandler
- Jan 23, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it also record your heart rate?)
- Asked about: Withings Wireless Blood Pressure Mo…
No answers yet
How well does it track heart rate for activities such as HIIT or Crossfit?
- Asked by Andrew H from South Bend
- Mar 18, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (How well does it track heart rate for activities such as HIIT or Crossfit?)
- Asked about: Wahoo TICKR X Heart Rate Monitor