Can I use the hearth rate transmitter only, i.e. without the nike+ pedometer?
I would like to have a functionality similar to Polar wristwatch/computers from ipod nano. I rarely need a pedometer in this sense, and I am uninterested in the nike+ pedometer that you put in the shoes. I have never used nike+ software, and I would like to know if I can use this transmitter only, without the nike+ pedometer, or better yet with the advertised internal pedometer, in the new generation of ipod nanos.
- Asked by Baris M from Trieste
- Sep 4, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the hearth rate transmitter only, i.e. without the nike+ pedometer?)
1 Answer from the Community
The 6th-gen nano works with this transmitter. It offers a dedicated Heartrate workout, showing time and bpm, and giving audio feedback. However: This workout item is only accessible in the Nike+ menu (under the Fitness icon), which I could reach only AFTER having plugged in the Nike+ receiver from the Nike+ sports kit (receiver + sensor).
- Answered by Michael S from Downers Grove
- Sep 11, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
If the latest Nano already has an accelerometer (pedometer feature), then what extra benefit does this Nike sensor provide? Heart rate??
- Asked by Mark F from Loveland
- Dec 3, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (If the latest Nano already has an accelerometer (pedometer feature), then what extra benefit does this Nike sensor provide? Heart rate??)
- Asked about: Nike + iPod Sensor