Does my computer have to be near the cable/sat box?
My cable/sat box is down stairs and my computer is up stairs do I need to run cables up to my computer?
- Asked by Dan L from Wake Forest
- Apr 13, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Does my computer have to be near the cable/sat box?)
2 Answers from the Community
Yes. In order to record programming. Eye-TV works with your computer to record the content and a IR blaster (controls the cable/sat box) must be placed so that it can mimic the actions of a remote control to the cable/sat box. If you are not wishing to record content but just play content back at a given time, then no it is not necessary to have it connected to the box.
- Answered by James T from Oakland Park
- Oct 8, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
yes i believe that the computer and cable box have to be connected with wires. however, i dont think they need to be connected if you just want to watch stuff you have already recorded
- Answered by Owen T from Sudbury
- Aug 23, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can you update multiple computers to Snow Leopard using the same box?
- Asked by Ellen K from Bernard
- Aug 2, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you update multiple computers to Snow Leopard using the same box?)
- Asked about: Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
How big is the Macbook Pro box?
- Asked by Michelle T S from Philadelphia
- Mar 5, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (How big is the Macbook Pro box?)
- Asked about: Mac
No answers yet