Does Elgato works with cable tv in Brazil?
- Asked by Eustaquio R from Rio De Janeiro
- Apr 24, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Does Elgato works with cable tv in Brazil?)
1 Answer from the Community
If you can buy the unit at an electronics store in Brazil, it will likely work there. However, the unit sold in North America would not work with your cable TV in Brazil. The standard definition television broadcast in the US and Canada is a format called NTSC (National Television System Committee) while the standard definition signal in Brazil is PAL (Phase Alternating Line). In NTSC, 30 frames are transmitted each second (actually 29.98) and each frame has 525 scan lines. PAL transmits 25 frames per second with 625 scan lines. Naturally then, the world couldn't agree on one HDTV standard either. In fact, there are at least 4. In North America the standard is called ATSC (Advanced Television Systems Committee). In Japan the standard is called ISDB (Integrated Services Digital Broadcasting). Brazil uses a derivative of this system called ISDB-T. Ironically, once the video is recorded, it is converted to Quicktime MP4 (H.264) which is used pretty much everywhere. Now, as I say, Elgato MIGHT produce a model of the EyeTV HD Recorder just for the ISDB market, but as far as I know they do not. You would have to get in touch and ask them directly.
- Answered by Shirley F from Port Colborne
- Aug 19, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can I transfer what I am watching on my ipad on to my television?
- Asked by Les S from Greensborough
- Aug 27, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I transfer what I am watching on my ipad on to my television?)
- Asked about: iPad
can you type from keyboard to view on television
- Asked by Nicole M from Gladwyn
- Jun 24, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (can you type from keyboard to view on television)
- Asked about: Logitech Bluetooth Easy-Switch Keyb…
Is the cable compatible to connect to a CRT (tube) television. Other words not being a flat screen television
- Asked by Pam G
- Dec 14, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the cable compatible to connect to a CRT (tube) television. Other words not being a flat screen television)
- Asked about: Apple Composite AV Cable