Can i hook up using my existing motorola hd pvr and the eye tv hd
I have only one set of component spots on my existing motorola hd pvr and it ask me to hook up the eye hd into those spots which is already filled with cables going from my tv can you help
- Asked by David M from Edmonton
- Sep 21, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i hook up using my existing motorola hd pvr and the eye tv hd)
1 Answer from the Community
If you're already using the component outputs of your PVR, then I think you're probably out of luck. Unless you're willing to pretty much dedicate a computer to that HDTV. You can set up a system where the outputs of your PVR could plug into the EyeTV HD, then using the EyeTV 3 software and EyeConnect you might be able to mirror the computer's output back to the TV. I use the DVI output and the optical digital output of my MacBook Pro to display what I've recorded. I have a DVI to HDMI converter and the optical digital audio plugs right into my receiver. you could also use UPnP to stream the output to a PS3 or Xbox. The problem is, if your computer is doing anything else, it can cause the transcoding to slow down a little, so your output isn't quite real time. This can be a problem if you're ALWAYS routed through the computer, because changing channels, programming, or anything else that needs to happen in real time can become a real PAIN. What you could do is buy a component audio/video switch. I think you can get one without too major a cash outlay. That way when you're just watching normal television you can switch to the direct to TV output, and only switch to the computer output when you actually want to record something. That's the long answer. The short answer is I think it would be more trouble than it's worth. I have a dedicated satellite line and receiver that goes directly into my recorder. That way watching TV and recording programming can happen completely independently.
- Answered by Shirley F from Port Colborne
- Aug 19, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
what cable do i need to hook up my mac book pro to my HD Television?
- Asked by Vanessa Y from Naughton
- Jan 14, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (what cable do i need to hook up my mac book pro to my HD Television?)
- Asked about: Apple Mini DVI to VGA Adapter
Does it work with Magnovox HD HDMI television?
- Asked by Kent B from Denver
- Jan 23, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it work with Magnovox HD HDMI television?)
- Asked about: Apple TV
No answers yet
Can I hook these up to my Samsung HD TV?
- Asked by Alice S from Maple Ridge
- Nov 14, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I hook these up to my Samsung HD TV?)
- Asked about: Harman Kardon SoundSticks III 2.1 C…