Is this product useful on SSD?
I plan to purchase a MBP and want all the speed I can get.
Will this improve performance with an SSD?
- Asked by Mike M from Boynton Beach
- Aug 18, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this product useful on SSD?)
1 Answer from the Community
You can use Drive Genius 3 on a SSD drive, however it is not recommended to use the defrag tool on SSD drives according to Intel's website.
All other tools like , repair , repartition, drive slim , duplicate and other work just fine.
Here is Intel's FAQ on defragging:
SSD devices, unlike traditional HDDs, see no performance benefit from traditional HDD defragmentation tools. Using these tools simply adds unnecessary wear to the SSD. It is recommended that you disable any automatic or scheduled defragmentation utilities for your Intel SSD.
- Answered by Prosoft S from Pleasanton
- Aug 22, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
How are the 2 drives used on an iMac with an SSD?
- Asked by Eric D from Sebastopol
- Apr 14, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (How are the 2 drives used on an iMac with an SSD?)
- Asked about: Mac
Will it install on a Mac Air with SSD (no harddisc)
- Asked by Gavin L from Biddenden
- Jan 4, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Will it install on a Mac Air with SSD (no harddisc))
- Asked about: Adobe® Creative Suite 6 Design & We…
Can this product be used in more than one computer?
- Asked by Michael O from Marina Del Rey
- Jan 29, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this product be used in more than one computer?)
- Asked about: Microsoft Office for Mac Home and S…