Is this product useful on SSD?
I plan to purchase a MBP and want all the speed I can get.
Will this improve performance with an SSD?
- Asked by Mike M from Boynton Beach
- Aug 18, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this product useful on SSD?)
1 Answer from the Community
You can use Drive Genius 3 on a SSD drive, however it is not recommended to use the defrag tool on SSD drives according to Intel's website.
All other tools like , repair , repartition, drive slim , duplicate and other work just fine.
Here is Intel's FAQ on defragging:
SSD devices, unlike traditional HDDs, see no performance benefit from traditional HDD defragmentation tools. Using these tools simply adds unnecessary wear to the SSD. It is recommended that you disable any automatic or scheduled defragmentation utilities for your Intel SSD.
- Answered by Prosoft S from Pleasanton
- Aug 22, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can this unit use SSD's instead of 2.5" HD's?
- Asked by Pete T from Smyrna
- May 23, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this unit use SSD's instead of 2.5" HD's?)
- Asked about: PROMISE Pegasus2 M4 4TB (4 x 1TB SF…
No answers yet
does the Pegasus 2 R4 work with any SSD drives?
- Asked by Doug P from Toronto
- Apr 25, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (does the Pegasus 2 R4 work with any SSD drives?)
- Asked about: PROMISE Pegasus2 R4 Diskless 4Bay T…