Which Macbook Pro should I buy? 13 inch Macbook Pro (non- retina display) for $ $1,098.95 or 13 inch Macbook Pro (retina display) for $2,038.95 ?
I am considering buying a 13 inch Macbook Pro. I basically use laptops for the following things:
- Save Pics and videos
- Skype (Video calls)
- Office (Powerpoint, Word and Excel)
- Internet (Youtube, Facebook and etc.)
I might consider doing some picture and video editing at some point
Here are the details for each:
Macbook Pro (non- retina display):
2.5GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 Turbo Boost up to 3.1GHz
4GB 1600MHz memory
500GB 5400-rpm hard drive
Macbook Pro (retina display):
2.6GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 Turbo Boost up to 3.1GHz
8GB 1600MHz memory
512GB PCIe-based flash storage
Should I spend the extra $940 and get the 13 inch Macbook Pro (retina display)?
- Asked by Nicolas L from Panama
- Apr 11, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Which Macbook Pro should I buy? 13 inch Macbook Pro (non- retina display) for $ $1,098.95 or 13 inch Macbook Pro (retina display) for $2,038.95 ?)
3 Answers from the Community
I just got my MacBook Pro for Xmas. I love it. The screen is excellent. If I were a photographer I would certainly get the Retina version. I would rather spend the extra for Apps, a mouse, an extra hard drive, the Time Machine device, etc.
- Answered by Gary B from Nanoose Bay
- Jan 23, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I personally would get the 2.9Ghz i7 with 8Gb of 1600mhz ram and a SSD of my choice. It is a better deal for half the money. You wont notice the difference in the non retina display and honestly it will come 2 USB 3.0 slots, 1 Firewire, 1 Thunderbolt port, Super-drive and (super useful) SD card slot. This is not even a question which has better specks. The only difference between the two will be the dedicated graphics (HD4000 vs retina) and the non retina display version is also stronger. Trust me I just know for a fact. I am planning on keeping mine forever. I am a photographic/Music/Graphic design professional. I have no problem with mine. Also the retina version will not allow you to upgrade your ram. 'Ever'! with the non retina you will be able to upgrade the Ram yourself. So that is an honest answer to your question. If anyone says different then they just want to sell you the newest thing. Which is does not answer your question.
I hope I caught you in time to help
- Answered by Randall P from Highlands
- Apr 3, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
get the macbook pro retina model it is much lighter, thiner and quieter since they got rid of the internal hard drive and replaced it with flash (SSD). plus the new pro has the retina display.
hope this helps!
- Answered by Zai F from Kagoshima
- Mar 10, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Should I get a 13 inch or 15 inch Macbook Pro with retina display?
- Asked by Michael B from Waynesburg
- Nov 10, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Should I get a 13 inch or 15 inch Macbook Pro with retina display?)