Which Macbook is good for light Graphic Design and Multitasking.
I am looking to purchase a Macbook but was not sure exactly which one would be best for me. I have tried other Forums but they all suggest build a PC laptop but I know mac is used a lot more with companies than a PC is. I am whiling to spend at max $2000 with the apple care plan. I need the computer to be able to multitask for my current office job and be able to run programs like Photoshop or Maya. I currently have a desktop at home for graphic design and would only the laptop to be able to do some stuff while I am away from home.
Please help me I know about computers but not a lot on Mac since this will be my first Mac computer purchase.
- Asked by Justin B from Indianapolis
- May 1, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Which Macbook is good for light Graphic Design and Multitasking.)
1 Answer from the Community
I would tell you that you are looking at MacBook Pro. The screen size is up to you however if you travel, you will find the 13-inch is usually better. Any Mac can run programs like you are talking about, but for graphic design...most people will tell you that the MacBook Pro w/ Retina Display with a 15-inch display would be best for you.
However with your price point, the 13-inch would be fine. The downside of the Retina Display is that you would have to purchase an external drive to play movies, music, etc.
I hope this helped in some way and if you have any other questions...I will answer to the best of my ability. I am doing the same research you are, but I decided to wait as my MacBook will suffice. I wish you the best and APPLECARE is super wonderful, it has paid for itself.
- Answered by Brittany B from Aurora
- May 8, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
buying a macbook pro for graphic design
- Asked by Peter J from Delray Beach
- Sep 1, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (buying a macbook pro for graphic design)
No answers yet
Retina display MacBook Pro vs 27" iMac for graphic design.
- Asked by Felicity C from Bulimba
- May 4, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Retina display MacBook Pro vs 27" iMac for graphic design.)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt Display (27-inch)
Which Apple computer would be best for Graphic Design and Music recording/ Production?
- Asked by Rosamaria A from Las Vegas
- Dec 3, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Which Apple computer would be best for Graphic Design and Music recording/ Production?)