WHICH MACBOOK FOR WORLD OF WARCRAFT AND COLLEGE STUDENT USAGE ?
I would like to play WoW with all extensions on a macbook.
I'm a college student so I'll be using it for
- work (writing a lot, PDF's)
- storing documents and pictures (don't mind saving some pictures on CDs)
- daily web browsing (emails, fb...)
- photoshop (not professional or very complicated)
- simple very occasional video editing
Portability is important, I will transport my computer everywhere...
AAaaand, if I could play Warcraft too without having it slow down everything, that would be great.
Could a Macbook Air 13" 256 GB flashstorage with 4 GB memory handle this ?? Or would I have to upgrade it to 8 GB?
Is a Macbook Pro Retina 13" 128 GB flash storage with 8 GB memory better ? Or is 256 GB a necessity ?
Thanks for answering !
- Asked by Gilles B
- Sep 28, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (WHICH MACBOOK FOR WORLD OF WARCRAFT AND COLLEGE STUDENT USAGE ?)
1 Answer from the Community
If you're going to play WoW, do video editing/Photoshop (even occasional and not very complicated work), you're going to need three things:
1. For everything, a powerful CPU with a decent clock speed.
2. For WoW (According to their website, WoW does not support integrated graphics (such as Intel HD)) and especially Video Editing, a discreet (dedicated) card, such as an NVIDIA GeForce card
3. A MINIMUM of 4 GB of RAM (8 GB will make a HUGE difference)
As someone who plays WoW, does video editing with Premiere Pro and some Photoshop, I would honestly have to recommend a 15" Pro (Retina or Non-Retina). I have the base, off-the-shelf Retina model, and it works great. I can play WoW on decent (High, if my memory serves me correctly) settings. I can do most basic video editing without trouble. It's a little pricey, but, in my opinion, it's a better investment.
I hope this helps you!
- Answered by Paul R from Lino Lakes
- Oct 2, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1