Which Mac should I get for a biochem/chem/psych major in college (with possible room for changing my major)?
I am in an incoming freshman and I'm looking to buy a brand new laptop and decided the Mac was the best option. Now I need help deciding between the Pro and Air, because I have no idea what would be better. I am a biochem major at the moment, but may add psych or change to chem--regardless I am on the pre-med route. I would like to pick a laptop before starting school in the fall.
I have a lot of music and watch shows & movies on my computer.
I need a fast computer that can handle multiple tabs open at one time.
Best for presentations, word docs, etc.
Great for research.
- Asked by Samiha J from Norwalk
- Jun 25, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Which Mac should I get for a biochem/chem/psych major in college (with possible room for changing my major)?)
1 Answer from the Community
Here is my recommendation for you.
8GB RAM (OS Mavericks runs best with 8GB RAM)
128 GB or 256GB SSD
2.4 GHZ i5 processor
Macbook Air will absolutely suit your needs but if the you prefer the bold retina screen, go pro. The refurbished section and education sections have great deals. The retina screen makes colors, pictures, and videos quite bold and bright. It works great for videos, presentations, documents, multiple tabs, etc. Good luck!
- Answered by Marshall M from Aberdeen
- Jun 30, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Macbook pro or macbook air for a college student? engineering major
- Asked by Anthony B from Los Alamitos
- Jun 22, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Macbook pro or macbook air for a college student? engineering major)
Macbook air or Macbook Pro for a first time apple laptop user/ college freshman/ possible architecture major. Retina display a must?