Which is the best display for Mac Pro MD771LL/A
I am confused whether to buy 27" Cinema or 27" Thunderbolt display for MD771LL/A. Please clarify which would be better.
- Asked by Chidanand M
- Feb 26, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Which is the best display for Mac Pro MD771LL/A)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt Display (27-inch)
2 Answers from the Community
As of now, the Mac Pros do NOT support Thunderbolt. Only the new Macbook Pros do. Stick with the Cinema, there's not that big of a difference anyway.
- Answered by Sam D from Grayslake
- May 19, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
As odd as it seems, Mac Pro doesn't yet have a Thunderbolt port or capability, unlike the latest iMacs, and all other Macs since 2011.
The Thunderbolt and Cinema displays are essentially the same, save for the porting arrangement.
You need the cinema display, as you can output to DisplayPort, HDMI etc from Thunderbolt, but not the other way around.
- Answered by Chris R from Goonellabah
- Mar 15, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Which is the best choice of mac?
- Asked by Roberto H from Austin
- Dec 25, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Which is the best choice of mac?)
No answers yet
WHAT COMPUTER WOULD BE BEST FOR ONLIE EDUCATION?
- Asked by Jordan F from Mesquite
- Apr 24, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (WHAT COMPUTER WOULD BE BEST FOR ONLIE EDUCATION?)
Best Mac Pro Set Up For Video Editing Team
- Asked by Nicholas T from Wichita
- Aug 15, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Best Mac Pro Set Up For Video Editing Team)
No answers yet