Which end is which?
There is a standard for describing electrical connections that is not used here. For 115 V AC, on the end of a cable one plugs into an outlet is a MALE connector. The outlet is a FEMALE connector. Is this gizmo a MALE MagSafe2 and FEMALE MagSafe1, or is it a MALE MagSafe1 and FEMALE MagSafe2. I think it is the former, but it's hard to be sure from the description.
MALE MagSafe2 and FEMALE MagSafe1 would allow charging of a newer computer with an older power adapter.
MALE MagSafe1 and FEMALE MagSafe2 would allow charging of an older computer with a newer power adaptor.
Each task is going to be desired by some users. Why is there only one kind of adapter?
- Asked by William P from Seattle
- Dec 15, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Which end is which?)
- Asked about: MagSafe to MagSafe 2 Converter
No Answers have been submitted
Be the first to answer this question. Answer now
What does the other end of the cable attach to?
- Asked by Billie C from Tucker
- Dec 16, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (What does the other end of the cable attach to?)
- Asked about: Kensington SafeDome Secure Lock for…
No answers yet
Low end MacBook Pro Retina for school
- Asked by Feng Yu Y from Honolulu
- Jul 22, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Low end MacBook Pro Retina for school)