What are the pros and Cons of buying refurbished?
Looking to buy a Mac book pro and I don't know if I should buy new or buy refurbished.
- Asked by Kevin W from Belmont
- Nov 5, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (What are the pros and Cons of buying refurbished?)
3 Answers from the Community
I just purchsed a refurbished Mac Book Pro + Apple care and it's essentially like buying new, but I saved over $400
The Apple representative said they replace the outer shell and the battery (so there are no blemish or battery life concerns). He also said that a large percentage of the "refurb" products are actually new (not used), just undelivered.
No cons that I can see.
- Answered by John F from Port Elgin
- May 2, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The gentleman below is incorrect about the cosmetic condition of Apple Refurbished products. When they arrive, they are indistinguishable from brand new product.
- Answered by John F from New Orleans
- Sep 13, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
I think refurbished is the way to go. You save a lot of money and if there are problems Apple will take care of it.
- Answered by David A from Milwaukee
- Sep 29, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3