What are the pros and Cons of buying refurbished?
Looking to buy a Mac book pro and I don't know if I should buy new or buy refurbished.
- Asked by Kevin W from Belmont
- Nov 5, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (What are the pros and Cons of buying refurbished?)
2 Answers from the Community
I just purchsed a refurbished Mac Book Pro + Apple care and it's essentially like buying new, but I saved over $400
The Apple representative said they replace the outer shell and the battery (so there are no blemish or battery life concerns). He also said that a large percentage of the "refurb" products are actually new (not used), just undelivered.
No cons that I can see.
- Answered by John F from Port Elgin
- May 2, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
All Macs that have been refurbished are approved by Apple. Buying a refurbished laptop will be cheaper, but keep in mind, it has been used, so minor cosmetic damage, is likely to happen. If you buy new, it is more expensive, but you are gureenteed no cosmetic damage, or any other minor issues. I've talked with people who bought a refurbished Mac, and thought it was nice. I've also talked to people who had some issues with their refurbished Mac. But there has been more people I knew who thought they were good, then bad. If you are going for cheaper, buy refurbished. If you are going for no risks at all, go for new.
- Answered by Mason R from Los Osos
- Nov 8, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
do you have any refurbished wireless keyboards
- Asked by Camil M from Tupper Lake
- Oct 16, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (do you have any refurbished wireless keyboards)
- Asked about: Apple Wireless Keyboard - English