I am intrested in buying the base model 13 inch MacBook Air. Can it handle without lag video editing in 1080p shot with my Canon T3i? Also, would the 8GB ram upgrade benefit editing? Lastly, how well does the machine perform when editing photos on Aperture?
Thanks in advance!
- Asked by Victor J from Pompano Beach
- Nov 12, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Video/photo editing)
1 Answer from the Community
I have the 13 inch MacBook Air with 4GB of RAM. I notice very minimal lags when editing in 1080p, even with multiple applications and background tasks running. I think the 8GB of RAM would significantly increase the performance, and is a good move since it is soldered to the logic board. I notice no lags at all in Aperture, as it is much less demanding. Finally, I would suggest choosing the best processor available, as the upgrade will pay off in the long run, and keep your computer up-to-date for a longer period of time. All of the upgrades are worth it!
- Answered by Erika C from Florence
- Dec 1, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
can I install a HIS Radeon HD 7970 GPU in a MacPro (mid 2012)?
- Asked by Ruben R from Calgary
- Apr 16, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (can I install a HIS Radeon HD 7970 GPU in a MacPro (mid 2012)?)