Using a thunderbolt display with a PC?
I was wondering what I would need to connect the new thunderbolt displays to my computer.
I have a Gigabyte GTX 770 Graphics card with HDMI, dual link DVI, and display port. I have tried the Kanex C247DL with no
success and was wondering what adapter I need to make this setup work.
- Asked by Gloria L from York
- Nov 15, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Using a thunderbolt display with a PC?)
1 Answer from the Community
The answer is almost certainly no. You would have to have a graphics card that supported Thunderbolt, and as far as I can find out, none exist. Even then, there would be a driver issue (which would presumably be provided by the manufacturer of the card). Mini-display port connectors are physically compatible, but don't work with Thunderbolt.
- Answered by Brynmor W from Newton
- Apr 10, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can I connect my laptop from work (Dell / HP) to a Thunderbolt Display?
- Asked by Juan S from Katy
- Aug 12, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect my laptop from work (Dell / HP) to a Thunderbolt Display?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt Display (27-inch)
connect this to thunderbolt display
- Asked by Dewey N from Dunedin
- Jan 23, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (connect this to thunderbolt display)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter
No answers yet