I have a very old Mac Book Pro, which is becoming unstable (Possible video card issue). If I upgrade, will I be able to transfer all my data and applications?
- Asked by Andrew T
- Aug 28, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (migration assistant)
1 Answer from the Community
Yes. I've just migrated from a 2007 MB Pro to a 2013 MB Pro.
Your easiest option is if you can make a Time Machine backup on an external usb disk, then plug that into the new machine and Migration Assistant will read it.
Depending on which model each machine is, you might be able to connect the two machines directly with ethernet or firewire and boot the old machine into target disk mode (hold down "T" on peer up).
- Answered by Nicholas K
- Oct 30, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can i use this cable with migration assistant?
- Asked by Jonathan C from Mount Pleasant
- Nov 6, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i use this cable with migration assistant?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapt…
How can I migrate iMac to air book?
- Asked by George H from Reno
- Aug 22, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (How can I migrate iMac to air book?)
No answers yet
Can I migrate my Mac air to a Macbook pro retina?
- Asked by Juan H from Miami Lakes
- Apr 16, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I migrate my Mac air to a Macbook pro retina?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt Cable (2.0 m) - B…