MBP retina 128GB flash storage or MBP 500GB hard drive
I am a basic college student, meaning I only use my computer to write papers and do online homework (mastering chemistry). I am really interested in the MacBook pro Retina, but I am scared that it will not have enough memory for me. Therefore, I am considering the MBP 13 inch 500GB hard drive (w/o retina). Just a little bit of extra information, I also have about 860 songs on my computer and I am not a gamer. Will the MBP Retina 128 flash storage be enough storage for me to not worry about ever running out of space on my computer?
- Asked by Milanj J from Philadelphia
- Jul 24, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (MBP retina 128GB flash storage or MBP 500GB hard drive)
2 Answers from the Community
If you're just using it for the basic college papers, etc, there's no need to go with the retina display or an SSD. If you were doing CPU-intensive tasks like gaming or running video editing/graphics software, the extra memory and the SSD would be appropriate. But not for what you're doing.
- Answered by Sean A from Aiken
- Aug 23, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I was asking myself the same question two weeks ago, but I went for the MBP 13 inch retina display with the 256gb SSD, its a little bit more expensive but it is a better machine, latest i5 processor that save battery time, much faster storage compare to the 500Gb and a much better display. At home I use a 14 inch 1080P screen with a 2Tb Desktop HD for Backup and extra storage but on the road I always cary my external 1Tb hd.
I you want the latest Mac, go the 128SSD if you need more space for music, movies etc..., you can buy a 1Tb external drive for the extra storage, but believe me, I had the other model when it came out and its much slower than the new MacBook Pro. Don't forget, its an investment for a couple of years.
Still not decided? Hop on the bus and get to an Apple store and compare the speed of two machine for yourself!
- Answered by Bruno B
- Jan 31, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Flash storage is faster, but what about storage capacity?
- Asked by Betty M from Charleston
- Feb 26, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Flash storage is faster, but what about storage capacity?)
Will the new 13" MBP Retina be enough for professional video editing?
- Asked by Jacob P from San Francisco
- Oct 24, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the new 13" MBP Retina be enough for professional video editing?)
Mac Book Pro 128GB Flash Storage or 750GB Serial ATA, 5400 rpm
- Asked by Eric G from Pueblo
- Jul 20, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Mac Book Pro 128GB Flash Storage or 750GB Serial ATA, 5400 rpm)