MacBook Pro retina 13 inch or 15 inch?
I've been thinking about switching from windows to Mac for a while,and in the end, I've decided to get a MacBook Pro with retina display. I would use this computer as a desktop since I have no need for portability other than the odd weekend trip or vacation.
I need the laptop for documents, many presentations, browsing the web, watching some movies, editing some photos and for a little gaming if I have the time for it.
Originally, I wanted the 15 inches because I like the bigger screen, but there is a big difference in prize between both laptops. Which one should I buy? Is it worth it to spend 400$ more for the 15 inch MacBook Pro with retina display?
Thank you for your advice.
- Asked by Raquel J from Salamanca
- Dec 13, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (MacBook Pro retina 13 inch or 15 inch?)
6 Answers from the Community
I just bought the 13" version after many years of using a 15" and I highly recommend it. I bought a used monitor for a bigger screen. The 13" is so much lighter and more portable.
- Answered by Kimberly H from Winchester
- Jan 1, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
For work (the company uses PCs not Apples), I need a bigger monitor to work on spreadsheets, or to see the entire page of a document, or multiple pages at once, etc. So I like a bigger monitor for the daily grind in the office. However, my company just issued us smaller boxes to use when traveling and I like the lightweight simplicity of a smaller laptop to travel.
At home, however, I have loved having a 13" MacBook for everything from web-surfing recipes to cataloguing pictures. For me, the only time it's a bit inconvenient is when I'm working in iMovie, which can feel somewhat small. But, I wanted the 13" from the outset because I knew it would travel with me sometimes and I knew if I got the 13", I wouldn't have to buy any specially sized bags to carry it in.
- Answered by Alison R from Tampa
- Dec 26, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
If cost is an issue, always remember to check out Apple's website and look under refurbished MacBook Pro- a good discount for a computer that is Apple refurbished to factory specs and comes with a warranty - Plus w AppleCare - there should be no issues on its reliability.
Worth a try .
- Answered by Mohamed S from Bowie
- Dec 26, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
I personally think the 13" is better because it is more portable and is easier to control but if you are a gamer go with the 15" it's faster
- Answered by Janice G from Houston
- Dec 16, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
I looked at both and coming from a PC was concerned, finally decided to go with the 13 inch and couldn't be happier, I also bought a Thunderbolt as I do a fair bit of spreadsheet work and photo work, when I'm away it does its job magnificently in the smaller screen, I wish I had moved over earlier. The only issue with all these smaller Macs is that they have small disk capacity and you can't upgrade them but an external portable disk is the answer and they are cheap and reliable.
- Answered by Michael L from Oatley
- May 20, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
I have the 13 and love it but if you are going to be gaming I would go for the 15 because of graphics.
- Answered by Rhonda S from Little Rock
- Dec 15, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 6
13 inch Retina or 15 Retina?
- Asked by Tina H from Brooklyn
- Dec 12, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (13 inch Retina or 15 Retina?)
which Retina Macbook is right for me 13 Inch Retina or 15 Inch Retina
- Asked by Mohamed A from Ottawa
- Oct 12, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (which Retina Macbook is right for me 13 Inch Retina or 15 Inch Retina)
Should I get a 13 inch or 15 inch Macbook Pro with retina display?
- Asked by Michael B from Waynesburg
- Nov 10, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Should I get a 13 inch or 15 inch Macbook Pro with retina display?)