MacBook Pro or MacBook Air for me, and what customisations?
I currently have an early 2011 13" MBP baseline model, so 4gb RAM, 2.3Ghz i5. With the release of the latest MacBook Air models I've become more and more envious of their beautiful, thin, and lightweight design. I'm considering selling my MBP and getting a 13" MBA but i'm not sure if it will meet my needs.
I will mainly use it for:
- Essays, uni work
- Web browsing, facebook etc
- Some gaming - Team fortress 2, diablo 3, stronghold 3. These all work fine on my MBP at the moment. Maybe minecraft too (haven't used this on the pro yet)
I realise people often jump straight to the MBP over the MBA for gaming, but for me, the portability and aesthetics of the air is actually very important, so if the air can cope with the games I want it to manage, I'd much prefer it.
If you think I could use the air for this, I was thinking the 128gb model (I don't think storage space is much of a problem? Most of my storage is currently taken up by iTunes films which i can delete and download as required) possibly with an upgrade to 8GB of RAM. Do you think this would be ok or would I need the higher model with more processor power?
- Asked by Melanie R
- May 6, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (MacBook Pro or MacBook Air for me, and what customisations?)
2 Answers from the Community
The MBA is for you. Its perfect for some web browsing, essays and *especially* gaming. Its smooth and beautiful graphic's have made the best gaming for me. And last but not least, its AMAZING battery charge.
- Answered by Becca H from Mendota
- Aug 14, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
MacBook Pro is powerful and nice featuresl
- Answered by Hans A from Antipolo
- May 12, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
MacBook Pro or MacBook Air?
- Asked by Katherine C from Humble
- Dec 14, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (MacBook Pro or MacBook Air?)
No answers yet
MacBook Air or MacBook Pro?
- Asked by Alexander S from Rye
- Jan 14, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (MacBook Air or MacBook Pro?)