Macbook Pro 15" low-end or Macbook Pro 13" Retina Display high end for programming
I plan to buy a macbook. I never use mac before and i so interested on using mac.
I'm in collage of computer science. I confuse which macbook should i pick either MBP 15" low-end or MBP 13" retina display high-end.
I will use it for :
1. Mostly programming (xcode, java, visual studio microsoft)
2. Iwork + microsoft office
3. Watch movies
5. (Maybe) play games
6. Portablility because i wanna use it everywhere
I want the macbook has good performance but i dont really know the different between quadcore and dualcore
Note that i already have :
1. External HDD 500Gb
2. External dvd drive
Another question, can i store most of my programs and apps in my ext. HDD?
So, based on the category above, what would you guys suggesting?
Sorry for my bad english
- Asked by M. Firza P from Palembang
- Jun 3, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Macbook Pro 15" low-end or Macbook Pro 13" Retina Display high end for programming)
1 Answer from the Community
If I were you I would get the 13 inch retina. I purchased the 15 inch and it was just to bulky for me so I returned it for the 13 inch. The display is amazing and it can handle anything you want it to. They are both great machines but for portability the 13 is soooo much better. It's not the difference in the weight it the size. Either way you will be happy but I truly think you would have wished for the 13 if you go 15.
- Answered by Rhonda S from Little Rock
- Jul 7, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
macbook pro 13 (high end) or 15 (either high or low end)?
- Asked by Jesse R from Scranton
- Apr 1, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (macbook pro 13 (high end) or 15 (either high or low end)?)