Is it possible to plug in two external monitors?
Is it possible to output to two monitors in an extended desktop (not mirrored)? That way I can have two 24" monitors hooked up to a thunderbolt MacBook Pro.
- Asked by Tim S from Angaston
- Jun 18, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it possible to plug in two external monitors?)
- Asked about: Belkin Thunderbolt Express Dock
2 Answers from the Community
Yes and No. The dock has two thunderbolt ports but one of them is used to plug into your mac so only one is left over, so no using 2 24" monitors wouldn't work.
However, if you have a Thunderbolt equipped monitor like I do, I plugged the dock into the spare thunderbolt port on the monitor and used the spare port on the dock to plug in my Wacom Cintiq Monitor/Tablet. So I have 17" Macbook Pro to Thunderbolt Monitor to Thunderbolt Dock to Cintiq for a total of 3 monitors.
Plugging another monitor directly into the Thunderbolt monitor doesn't work but if another Thunderbolt device is in between then it works.
- Answered by Paul B from Boise
- Jun 26, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
It's possible when connected in chain.
- Answered by Francis W
- Sep 3, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can a I run a Macbook (Air or Pro) with two external Dell monitors
- Asked by Peter A from Newtown
- Apr 12, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can a I run a Macbook (Air or Pro) with two external Dell monitors)