identify the plugs on back of Mac Mini-- what plugs in where?
- Asked by Patricia O from Pearl
- Flag as inappropriate (identify the plugs on back of Mac Mini-- what plugs in where?)
2 Answers from the Community
Thanks Steve. That was just the kind of information I needed. There are so many cords to plug in which is confusing with all the wires hanging there. Thank you so very much. It is well written. Apple should use this as part of their instructions.
- Answered by Patricia O from Pearl
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
From Left to Right!
Very left most plug is the Power Supply plug. This gives it power!
Next is Gigabit Ethernet. This would be used instead of WiFi to gain internet access through an Ethernet cable
Next is FireWire 800. Most likely you will not use this. Its an older connector for connecting storage devices. It is comparable to USB
Then we have the HDMI port. This is used to connect Video and Audio to an HDTV or HD Monitor through an HDMI cable
Next is Thunderbolt. This is used for connecting to Thunderbolt enabled things such as Monitors, Hard drives, cameras, ect.
Then we have 4 USB 3.0 ports. These can be used for synching an iPhone, connecting cameras, keyboards, mice, hard drives, ect.
The next port is the long and thin SDXC port. This is used for SD cards from phones or cameras.
Underneath that on the left is the line in microphone port, used for external microphones
To the right of that is the Headphone port, for plugging in speakers or headphones. Works with headphones with built in mic like iPhone.
The really long thing on the bottom is the fan port so that hot air can escape from the Mac Mini. Leave this uncovered or it will overheat!
Hope this helps!
- Answered by Steve H from Cary
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
I am confused as 2 of the plugs are very similar. The euro is what I need to identify. The two plugs both have two round lugs, but 1 is skinnier.
- Asked by Paul K
- Apr 20, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (I am confused as 2 of the plugs are very similar. The euro is what I need to identify. The two plugs both have two round lugs, but 1 is skinnier.)
- Asked about: Apple World Travel Adapter Kit
Can I plug a Mac mini into an old eMac ?
- Asked by Maria W from Seaford
- Sep 12, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I plug a Mac mini into an old eMac ?)
No answers yet