I need to update from 10.5.8 how do I do that
mac OS X version 10.5.8
2.1 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
1 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
- Asked by Rebecca L from Cranbrook
- Apr 17, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (I need to update from 10.5.8 how do I do that)
4 Answers from the Community
First, upgrade to 10.6 Snow Leopard. You can purchase this at some stores, but only if they still have supply. They will not have it on display and you have to specifically ask for it. You can also order it online directly from Apple:
Once you have 10.6 installed, you can update to 10.6.8 and use the Apple Mac Store to upgrade to 10.7 Lion because the MacBook4,1 and MacBook4,2 do not support 10.8 Mountain Lion. However, you might need to call Apple Care in order to purchase this over the phone, as they no longer list 10.7 Lion in their app store.
- Answered by Miles R from Lakewood
- May 24, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
what you do is update to snow leopard by searching the product (apple still have it on the market) once you do that your done!!!!
- Answered by Michelle S from Manchester
- Apr 18, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
I don't think you should because i have a 2 GB ram and when i upgraded to OSX mavericks it was to much for the computer RAM and i went nuts. I had to erase the whole computer and back it up and then by a new one so just keep it as it is. finally yes i do have a macbook like you and getting a macbook pro after this happened and it is very pricey see at an apple store if you can add ram make it at least 4 GB RAM if not more.
- Answered by Mourad R from Cairo
- Apr 8, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
I too am looking to update myimac, because It will not work with my new ipod touch 5 I just bought.
I am concerned about doing so because I see on the purchase information of Snow leopard that the computer needs 5 GB free space and 1 GB ram. I am not sure how much I have free on here and don't want to download it and have this computer run worse than it does.
I'm on OS X Version 10.5.8
Processor 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory 4 GB 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
I am reading about and I think from my very very small understanding of what I've read, that I am in the clear to purchase and install the new SNow Leopard OS. Would anyone be able to give me a green light from the info furnished above by chance as well?
Big thanks. J
- Answered by Jeoffrey W from Staten Island
- Aug 5, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
I need to update from 10.5.8 how do I do that mac OS X version 10.5.8 2.1 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
- Asked by Kathleen R from Scarborough
- Jan 18, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (I need to update from 10.5.8 how do I do that mac OS X version 10.5.8 2.1 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM)
does this mouse work with 10.5.8?
- Asked by Karen M from Taos
- May 18, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (does this mouse work with 10.5.8?)
- Asked about: Apple Mouse
No answers yet