I have an iMac with 10.5.8 a 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo and 3 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, will the upgrade to Snow Leopard be available to me?
I've read I will need 5GB of hard drive space for the upgrade. Can I use my 1TB External?
- Asked by George T from Los Angeles
- Aug 11, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (I have an iMac with 10.5.8 a 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo and 3 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, will the upgrade to Snow Leopard be available to me?)
- Asked about: Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
2 Answers from the Community
Your Mac meets all the requirements to run Snow Leopard. And, yes, you can use your 1TB external.
If I could make a suggestion:
1) Clone your present internal OS 10.5.8 partition to a partition on your 1TB external. First, use Disk Utility to format the external partition with "GUID Partition Table" and/or as "Mac OS Extended (Journaled)". Then use Disk Utility to RESTORE the internal partition to the external partition. Then test that you can start up from the external partition. (To choose the start up partition, either press and hold OPTION KEY during start up, or select Start Up Disk from System Preferences and then restart.)
2) Install Snow Leopard on your internal partition. Either by erasing the partition first for a clean install, or by installing "over" the old OS. Note: If doing a "clean install", the Snow Leopard installer will search for other partitions with an OS and then ask if you want to import OS settings, Apps and/or Files. Do this if you want to have all your settings, files and apps transfered to the Snow Leopard partition. Later, if everything is working to your liking, you can then delete the old OS partition on the external hard drive.
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouve
- Aug 15, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Yes go for it .
20 bucks .. a no brainer..
exactly my machine.. then free Windows 8 43 bit Enterise download using sl bootcamo .. goews great.. the machine says 64 bit undert apple menu on it andI reckon I will get the won 8 64 bt on soon with a slightly biger hamer
- Answered by Don T from Manly
- Aug 22, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
I need to update from 10.5.8 how do I do that mac OS X version 10.5.8 2.1 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
- Asked by Kathleen R from Scarborough
- Jan 18, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (I need to update from 10.5.8 how do I do that mac OS X version 10.5.8 2.1 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM)