I have a Dell S2740 monitor with VGA, DVI and HDMI ports. what is the best way to connect to Thunderbolt on my macbook pro?
Right now I have a Thunderbolt-to-DVI connector, but it is extremely unstable, the slightest move of the connector will disconnect and cause a switch to single monitor. Another touch and it goes back to dual monitor mode.
2 Answers from the Community
Personally, I'd suggest getting the Belkin Mini DisplayPort to HDMI adapter. Even though it's a Mini DisplayPort adapter this will work with Thunderbolt port. I actually got the Mini DisplayPort to VGA adapter the other day to work with a Macbook Pro 13" Retina and it works a dream
- Answered by Jake N
- Oct 17, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
It sounds like you have a bad connector. Try another one. I use HDMI and DVI connectors with no problem/tight fit, no drop outs.
- Answered by Gayle G from Cave Creek
- Oct 16, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
What is the best way to connect dual monitors to a 2013 Mac Pro?
- Asked by William R from Tucson
- Aug 15, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the best way to connect dual monitors to a 2013 Mac Pro?)
Can I connect a DVI cable to my Macbook Pro Retina Display?
- Asked by Jarett E from Clarksville
- Jul 30, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect a DVI cable to my Macbook Pro Retina Display?)