how many years should macbook pro last?
I'm buying a new mac computer. I will either buy the expensive version Mac Mini and I will upgrade the ram up to 16gb or I will buy the MacBook pro 13'. Either refurbished or new. In specs the mac mini is better. But I want the MacBook pro for portability but how many years should it last??
- Asked by Andreas V
- Flag as inappropriate (how many years should macbook pro last?)
2 Answers from the Community
My 13' white macbook w/ standard specs lasted me from 2006-2012. Around that time the drastic updates in operating systems meant I could not longer run the newest software. Although for browsing, youtube, watching movies, and doing some papers for college, it stilled worked fine. I gave it to my mother who uses it to this day for light browsing and such. Battery is pretty shot, but the machine still works reliably.
- Answered by Anthony J from Cherry Hill
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I have a MacBookPro from 2009. it is just now getting a little slow on the internet. It has a 250 gb hard drive and 4 gb ram. So i've gotten nearly 6 years out of it. It was a refurb purchased from apple.
- Answered by Rachel B from Knoxville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Macbook Pro or Air for year 12 through to university student?
- Asked by Ashleigh S from Wonthaggi
- Sep 12, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Macbook Pro or Air for year 12 through to university student?)
Can photos in PC Picasa be transferred to my new MacBook Pro?
- Asked by Patricia N from New York
- Mar 30, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can photos in PC Picasa be transferred to my new MacBook Pro?)