How can I run PC programs on a mac?
I want to run PC programs on a mac with the pc with the pc program looking like a mac program.
- Asked by Ronny R from Waterville
- Apr 28, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (How can I run PC programs on a mac?)
2 Answers from the Community
2 ways Dual Boot and Virtualization
Bootcamp (/Applications/Utilities) creates a separate section of the hard drive to install Windows from CD. You boot the computer and choose either Windows or Mac
Virtualization (like Paralells or VMware) allows you to win Windows in a separate window while the Mac is running
Either way you have to purchase a full licensed copy of Windows and you can run all of your PC applications.
- Answered by Kevin L from Toronto
- Apr 28, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I'm a quickbooks pro advisor and need to switch to a more reliable computer......mac. All my clients and software for the last 20 years are Windows based. How can I get all my software to work on a mac? I've heard of Parallels...does this really work? Any suggestions and guidance would be greatly appreciated.
- Answered by Kelly K from Cumming
- Feb 13, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
can you run microsoft programs on a mac
- Asked by Glenda B
- Jun 11, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (can you run microsoft programs on a mac)
No answers yet
Can a mac in general run Photoshop,Illustrator, and the 3D Maya programs conviniently and efficiently moreso than a pc?
- Asked by Rafael L from Bayshore
- Oct 27, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can a mac in general run Photoshop,Illustrator, and the 3D Maya programs conviniently and efficiently moreso than a pc?)