how can I activate turbo boost in my macbook pro?
- Asked by Marco B from La Molina
- Oct 12, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (how can I activate turbo boost in my macbook pro?)
2 Answers from the Community
TurboBoost is not a feature that you can turn on or off. It is a built-in ability for your processor to kick up its performance when you need it.
- Answered by Brian W from Lancaster
- Oct 14, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
As far as I understand, the processor automatically uses "turbo boost" when it needs to, for example if you were to ask it do lots of tasks at once, or tasks that require high CPU speed.
It is not something you switch on and off.
(again, as far as I can tell from what I have read)
- Answered by Lucas R
- Oct 15, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
13inch MacBook Pro 2.9mhz, is the turbo boost an optional extra or is it built in to use when required? Thanks for any replies!