Grounding my macbook air
When I got my macbook air I noticed that you can have an ungrounded plug adapter inserted into the brick or have a cord with a grounded plug inserted. What are the differences in using these different plugs?
- Asked by Angela K from Dartmouth
- Sep 3, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Grounding my macbook air)
- Asked about: Apple 45W MagSafe Power Adapter for…
2 Answers from the Community
One is grounded and the other is ungrounded as you mentioned. I find that it is very important to use the three prong/grounded plug when ever you can, just because it is safer. The two prong is great for when traveling since you don't need to carry an extra 3 foot cable with you. Others and I have also found that the MacBooks heat up less when using the grounded cable.
The only real difference is convenience for the consumer.
Hope this answers your question.
- Answered by Matthew S from Prince George
- Sep 30, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
yes it will
- Answered by Noel W from Secaucus
- Aug 30, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Will this work with an MacBook air??
- Asked by Kelly D from Rolling Prairie
- Feb 2, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with an MacBook air??)
- Asked about: Belkin YourType Bluetooth Wireless …
No answers yet
Can I use this ear pod on macbook air?
- Asked by Weisiyu J from South Hadley
- Dec 28, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this ear pod on macbook air?)
- Asked about: Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic
Will the magic trackpad work with my macbook air.
- Asked by Karl G
- Oct 10, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the magic trackpad work with my macbook air.)
- Asked about: Magic Trackpad