do I need an anti virus program for a macbook pro?
- Asked by Douglas P from Minneapolis
- Aug 24, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (do I need an anti virus program for a macbook pro?)
2 Answers from the Community
nope. There's not many viruses out for the mac, theres no need for an anti virus program on a mac. Using one on a mac will just decrease performance, basically for nothing, since viruses are very few on mac.
- Answered by Abel R from Stoneham
- Aug 26, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
If you do on line transaction involving your credit card etc, I would advise you do. I have my Norton installed on my iMac, and I do get reports on several connection attempts being blocked. And these connections came from Asia and US of unknown sources. I am not sure if these connections were legitimate, but I just not feel very safe without a firewall or anti virus when I deal with payment on line. Could be false alarm, but I prefer to pay some money to buy peace of mind.
- Answered by Lawrence C from Vancouver
- Jul 24, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Do I need an anti-virus program for my MacBook Pro?
- Asked by Gerard F from Woodbury
- Oct 2, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Do I need an anti-virus program for my MacBook Pro?)
Does one need to install an anti-virus program for the MacBookAir?
- Asked by P S from Sacramento
- Jul 18, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Does one need to install an anti-virus program for the MacBookAir?)