connecting guitar to garage band
What is the best cable option to connect my 1/8" guitar cable to the iMac to use the Garage Band ap?
- Asked by John C from Pembroke Pines
- Flag as inappropriate (connecting guitar to garage band)
1 Answer from the Community
I wouldn't recommend plugging in direct. It can be done and I have done it, but you'll get better results by finding a standalone audio interface. You would then plug your guitar into the interface with witch ever 1/4in cable you prefer and from the interface to the computer with either usb, firewire, bluetooth... As far as which cable is best, that is up for debate. The idea is to find a cable that doesn't color your sound, but the fact is that every piece of equipment your signal passes through WILL color your sound. So basically, try out cables to see which you prefer. Peace.
- Answered by Billy B from Mount Pleasant
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Connecting the electric guitar to garage band...where do I find the cables for it?
- Asked by Manuel A D from Texas City
- Jul 13, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Connecting the electric guitar to garage band...where do I find the cables for it?)
Is garage band in a macbook
- Asked by Carlene H from Lake Havasu City
- Nov 30, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Is garage band in a macbook)