College Student: Should I get a MBA or a MBP?
Hi, I'm a high school student and in a couple months I'll be going to college with a major in Biotechnology. I'm going to be taking a lot of math and science classes, and probably a couple engineering classes, and I'm planning on getting a minor in something like Criminology. On top of that, I like using my laptop for surfing the internet, downloading movies, holding my 1,000+ iTunes library, and sometimes playing graphics intense games (Sims 3 with all extensions, Amnesia, Assassin's Creed, etc.) Which laptop and size would be best for my needs?
- Asked by Mary J from Temecula
- May 19, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (College Student: Should I get a MBA or a MBP?)
1 Answer from the Community
Congratulations! you have a great future ahead and to meet your school work as well as leisure activities the right laptop would be a 15-inch: 2.7GHz
with Retina display
2.7GHz quad-core Intel Core i7
Turbo Boost up to 3.7GHz
16GB 1600MHz memory
512GB flash storage1
Intel HD Graphics 4000
NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M with 1GB of GDDR5 memory
Built-in battery (7 hours)
Alternative is MacBook Pro 13 -inch: 3.0GHz Retina Display note book with closer to above specs!
For better visual experience these come with retina display and once you start using them every other laptop screen looks dull to your eyes. These are pricy but worth every penny!
- Answered by Vijay D from Durham
- May 19, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Mechanical Engineering student: Which MBP with retina is best?
- Asked by Jayson C from Maumee
- Aug 6, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Mechanical Engineering student: Which MBP with retina is best?)
MBP 13" with retina or MBA 13" upgraded to 1,7Ghz i7 and 8 GB of ram
- Asked by Enkhbayar O from Sydney
- Oct 21, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (MBP 13" with retina or MBA 13" upgraded to 1,7Ghz i7 and 8 GB of ram)