Can I use two VGA monitors with a Mac Mini?
- Asked by Ron A from Plano
- May 1, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use two VGA monitors with a Mac Mini?)
2 Answers from the Community
Yes. The new Mac Mini has an HDMI port and a Mini Display port, both of which can be used to power a VGA monitor. Research HDML-to-VGA and DVI-to-VGA adapters and you'll see what I mean.
- Answered by Michael P from San Francisco
- Aug 19, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Yes. I have a Mac Mini mid-2011, and have one monitor hooked to the mini display port, and the other one through the HDMI port. For the mini display port I have a VGA adapter going to an older monitor. The HDMI is hooked straight to a newer monitor using a regular HDMI cable.
It works fine for displaying things like browsers, word processors, and even video, but on the mid 2011 Mac Mini I wouldn't recommend this set up for gaming. The graphics card only has 256 MB of RAM and running two monitors in itself seems to be maxing it out.
- Answered by Jerry D from Naperville
- Apr 5, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
i have a VGA monitor can it be used with a mini mac hdmi
- Asked by Howard L from Apo
- Jun 11, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (i have a VGA monitor can it be used with a mini mac hdmi)
Can you connect a monitor with a VGA plug to a Mini Mac
- Asked by Sarah B from St. Jacobs
- Sep 4, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you connect a monitor with a VGA plug to a Mini Mac)
what cord do i need to plug my VGA monitor into the mac mini 2.4?
- Asked by Virginia N from Iowa City
- Jun 7, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (what cord do i need to plug my VGA monitor into the mac mini 2.4?)