can i sync a photo book on my mac air and mac pro
I started a photo book project on my mac air and would like to be able to keep working on it on my mac pro
- Asked by Gael B from Abbotsford
- Jul 20, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (can i sync a photo book on my mac air and mac pro)
1 Answer from the Community
This is a completely understandable request. Although, you cannot "sync" your photo book project from one computer to another, you can, however, continue to work on that project on the new Mac Pro by copying your entire Photo Library to that computer. This can be done by simply copying the library to a hard drive or by using migration assistant to transfer your data, just to name a couple.
There are a some things to keep in mind:
1. Your projects, like books, calendars, cards, etc... are specific to the photo library they are stored in and cannot be exported or synced. This means that if you do copy your entire library to the Mac Pro and start working on it there, it will not update on the MacBook Air automatically.
2. The best thing to do would be to store the library on a portable hard drive. This way you can open that library from both computers (As long as that drive is connected at the time), and it updates and saves all edits you make, no matter what computer you use.
Hope this helps.
You can also check out this article for some information on how to transfer your photo library to an external hard drive: Put the following in the search box at the top right of this window: PH2506
- Answered by Joshua S
- Jul 23, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Mac book pro or Mac book air?
- Asked by Connie C from Kenwick
- May 2, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Mac book pro or Mac book air?)
can i sync my mac book air with my mac mini
- Asked by Nigel M
- Jul 9, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (can i sync my mac book air with my mac mini)
No answers yet