Can I share an Apple SuperDrive using the new Airport Time Capsule?
I'm looking at upgrading my fiancee's macbook to a macbook air, but we would loose our last CD/DVD drive. I'd love to be able to just plug an Apple SuperDrive into the time capsule and share it to both my Macbook Pro Retina and her new Air. Is that possible? Otherwise I'll probably just get her a Macbook Pro non-Retina so we still have a CD/DVD player.
- Asked by Benjamin M from Arlington
- Jun 15, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I share an Apple SuperDrive using the new Airport Time Capsule?)
- Asked about: AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB
1 Answer from the Community
The Superdrive itself would be the first limiting factor. Since the external Superdrive does not support connection through a NAS device, then it follows that it would not be recognized by the Airport. However, I don't know if an aftermarket CD/DVD device would be supported by the Airport. Apple does indicate that the USB connection only supports a) External Hard drives, b) USB Printers, and c) a hub. This would leave out other USB devices, such as a CD/DVD drive.
- Answered by Shawn F from Riverside
- Jul 22, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can I use other WiFi networks besides Time Capsule, Airport Extreme and Airport express because I've been using a PC and I havent been using those...
Does the new 2T time capsule replace the airport express base station?
- Asked by Roman L from Edmonton
- Jan 28, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the new 2T time capsule replace the airport express base station?)
- Asked about: AirPort Express