Can I run Microsoft office on a Mac
- Asked by Sal L from Mililani
- Oct 14, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I run Microsoft office on a Mac)
5 Answers from the Community
Yes but you need the version made for MacOS. I find the 2011 Mac version superior to the latest PC version. In years past the opposite was true with the Mac versions being somewhat unreliable and prone to crashing, especially Excel and PPT, but these issues seem to be all but resolved.
- Answered by Nick T from West Chester
- Oct 21, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Yes you can. The package is MS Office 2011 for Mac
- Answered by Ian M
- Oct 19, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Yes. The latest version of Microsoft Office released for Mac was 'Office for Mac 2011', which can be found on the online Apple store. However, you cannot run a version of MS Office for Windows on a Mac (i.e. the 2003, 2007 and 2010 editions) without installing Windows on your Mac through Bootcamp or through virtualization software like VMware or Parallels.
- Answered by Fabian M from Moscow
- Oct 19, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
i've found office 2011 mac to be slow and buggy - excel crashes often, both take forever to open.
ive now gone to Pages and it opens like lightning - will never use word again!
same goes with outlook for mac - although full featured, its problematic, slow and cumbersome. ive migrated to mail for mac and its just fast.
forget office - there is better stuff around than that garbage.
- Answered by Teruo D from Sunshine West
- Jun 11, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
Yes u can.................
- Answered by Muhammad Shabir E
- Feb 7, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
Microsoft office professional 2013 for mac
- Asked by Anselme S
- Sep 23, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Microsoft office professional 2013 for mac)
No answers yet