can i leave my mac laptop plugged in to the charger
I'm having a running argument with my wife about whether it's ok to leave the charger plugged into our new MAC Pro Laptop. My position is that it's ok since my work laptop is plugged into a workstation most of the time and her position is a soon as our new laptop is charged you need to disconnect the charger or damage will occur. Who is right?
- Asked by Edward G from Oxnard
- Flag as inappropriate (can i leave my mac laptop plugged in to the charger)
1 Answer from the Community
Yes, leave it plugged in. The charging will stop when the battery is full (light on plug will turn green) and the battery will not be used until you unplug it again.
If you run "system information" under "power" you can see battery amperage. If it is 0 mA the battery is not being used.
- Answered by Mark W from Taylor Mill
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Does a mac (laptop) come with a charger and battery included?
- Asked by Allison U from Roanoke
- May 13, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Does a mac (laptop) come with a charger and battery included?)