Can I boost WiFi throughout the house with Airport Extreme?
Our WiFi here in a small French village is broadcast (intermittently) from the local Council office, about 250 metres away, and is very weak. So we're currently using a Powerline Ethernet network to get wifi, through ethernet cables, to our laptops, but we'd love to be able to use our iPhones, IPods, and Apple TV anywhere inside the house.
Can I use Airport Extreme to receive, then boost, the wi-fi signal throughout the house (the house is 16th Century, with very thick stone walls!) ? If so, would I need just the one Airport Extreme Base Station, or a network of receivers/boosters as well? Am I right to assume the base station would need to be connected, in the first instance, to our existing WiFi receiver/router?
Hope you can help.
Cheers and Best,
- Asked by Dave H
- Aug 21, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I boost WiFi throughout the house with Airport Extreme?)
1 Answer from the Community
Yes. Save some bucks NX buy an airport express though. Set it up as a Wifi extender when your computer asks you how you want it. No wires. Just set it up and then move to the final location and plug into the power outlet. There's directions on YouTube on how to do this. Mine works very well.
- Answered by Eric L from Edmond
- Sep 3, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
What is the purpose of getting an Airport Extreme?
- Asked by Blake S from College Station
- Dec 25, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the purpose of getting an Airport Extreme?)
Is there an outdoor powered speaker system compatible with airport? I stream my music throughout my house but need powered speakers for outdoors.
- Asked by Timothy C from Millbrook
- May 10, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there an outdoor powered speaker system compatible with airport? I stream my music throughout my house but need powered speakers for outdoors.)