Buying a refurbished Mac book. Yes or no?
I have always had Mac's. I have a desktop and am now finding that I need a laptop. Refurbished is okay. I will be using it for research and the writing of a book. I also will need Microsoft office for presentations, etc. What is best for me? Macbook Pro or MAcbook Air?
- Asked by Stanley F. S from Powell
- Jun 24, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Buying a refurbished Mac book. Yes or no?)
26 Answers from the Community
- Answered by L. A from Corona
- Dec 17, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
If it is your first one, then yes. I would bring it into the apple store to make sure it works fine.
- Answered by Jacob H from Bellingham
- Dec 15, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
I have similar needs and have been buying, using and tweaking with macs since the 90's. I have always purchased refurbished models when one is available that fits my needs. I also am a medical student, so I use my MacBook Air about 16 hours a day for studying, writing, etc. (although I avoid PowerPoint at all costs; Keynote '09 is way better IMHO). The speed and performance are fine, but the real benefit is how lightweight the machine is since I carry it everywhere. Anyway, just my two cents.
- Answered by Vanessa R from Knoxville
- Dec 10, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
- Answered by Shivant B from Fort Worth
- Aug 16, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
- Answered by Erika M from Brooklyn
- Aug 16, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
- Answered by Amanda N from Washington,
- Oct 18, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 6