Will my iPod touch be able to get iPhone apps on it?
I have a 3rd generation iPod right now and when I try to put apps from iTunes on it they won't work, but with the newest generation, will I be able to? And should it be the iPhone apps or iPad apps?
- Asked by David P from Hillsdale
- Jul 5, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Will my iPod touch be able to get iPhone apps on it?)
1 Answer from the Community
All current iPhone apps work with the newest generation iPodTouch. Basically, the iPodTouch is just an iPhone without the "phone" functionality. Some of the apps work with both iPhone/Pod and iPad, while others don't. I have at least one app (a newspaper subscription app) that supposedly "works" with both the iPodTouch and the iPad, BUT the iPodTouch/iPhone version is a very-much-watered-down version of the iPad app.
If you get a new iPodTouch and do your downloading from iTunes directly from /onto the iPodTouch, via the App Store app, you will only have access to the apps that will work on your device so anything you will download should work (BUT -- check the reviews first for each app you're interested in, because some third-party apps have problems!!!!). If you plan to download an app onto your computer first and then move it onto the iPodTouch, then be sure to use the iPhone/iPodTouch apps to ensure compatibility. But why would you do that? It's extra work.
- Answered by Eve B from Boynton Beach
- Jul 7, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
will the "find my iphone app" work on the ipod classic?
- Asked by Carlecia S from Hampton
- Nov 7, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (will the "find my iphone app" work on the ipod classic?)
should i get a an iphone or an i pod touch
- Asked by Tamara M from Wayne
- Jun 4, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (should i get a an iphone or an i pod touch)
- Asked about: iPhone
Do the apps take up all/ some your music space on an ipod touch?
- Asked by Sarah B from Millington
- Oct 2, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Do the apps take up all/ some your music space on an ipod touch?)