Does iPod 4 have parent security settings
I would like to buy my kids an iPod touch 4th generation for Christmas but I am concerned about them having Internet access, is there any way to put parental settings on the Internet access?
- Asked by Heather B from Henrietta
- Oct 11, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Does iPod 4 have parent security settings)
2 Answers from the Community
yes there is but its called restrictions, and you can enable and disable certain apps like safari,camera, or even downloading apps, all you got to do is type in a password and remember it , but if your going to use the ipod and want to use safari then you have to disable the restrictions. if you do get the ipod go to settings(app) >general>restrictions>enable restrictions
- Answered by Adan P from Alamo
- Oct 14, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I have my 4th gen in front of me as I type. Yes, it does have security settings, under the settings app tap general and then tap restrictions. My best guess is that if you turn Safari use off, and also Installing/deleting apps (so you don't have them downloading another browser) would be the way to go. My touch is running iOs 5.1.1, so yours may be a little different, but not by enough to negate what I said.
- Answered by James B from Seaside
- Oct 13, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can I put parental controls on imessage and facetime while still enabling music downloading?
- Asked by Barbara B from West Vancouver
- Oct 19, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I put parental controls on imessage and facetime while still enabling music downloading?)
Can i pair 2 sets together?
- Asked by Kurt H from Clinton Township
- Mar 13, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i pair 2 sets together?)
- Asked about: iHome iHM89 Rechargeable Portable M…