can you text or call on the ipod touch 5 gen
- Asked by Guner G from Hooker
- Jan 24, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (can you text or call on the ipod touch 5 gen)
5 Answers from the Community
Yes BUT-- only in the presence of WiFi. You can send iMessages & FaceTime video communication to other people who have Apple devices (including computers) on which they have activated iMesssge and/or FaceTime. You can download Skype for free from the AppStore & either message or video-call to them. Or, you can buy Skype credit & use it to make voice-over-internet-protocol calls to landline or cellular phones.
- Answered by Eve B from Boynton Beach
- Jan 25, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
there is a app on an ipod 5th gen called iMessage. you can text from it but you cannot call. If you download other apps, you might be able to call.
- Answered by Thomas L from Tinley Park
- Mar 16, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
yes but you will have to download a texting app, and you will need wifi. The 5th gen. has imessage built in
- Answered by Kimberly O from Holland Patent
- Nov 23, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
YES - you can text on it you would have to have an apple ID and that would give you an imessage account....you can call if you get an app though...The "phone" don't come with the ipod there are a lot of great apps that lets you call people.
- Answered by Hailey G from Saraland
- Jan 29, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
Also, there's some apps that are free that with WIFI, you could call and text for free. I use Text Me.
- Answered by William M from Hammond
- Feb 23, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5