Will this adapter receive audio/video from the Lightning adapter for the iPhone 5?
I currently use this adapter with an iPhone 4 and third-gen iPad mainly to project TV content from the SlingPlayer app onto my TV. It works quite well for this purpose.
I'm thinking of upgrading to an iPhone 5, and obviously this adapter can't plug directly into the new Lightning port. I want to continue to use this adapter so I can plug in the third-gen iPad.
Does anyone know if the new Lightning to 30-pin adapter will pass audio/video from the iPhone 5 to this adapter?
- Asked by W Adam V from Norcross
- Sep 13, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this adapter receive audio/video from the Lightning adapter for the iPhone 5?)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin Digital AV Adapter
1 Answer from the Community
Yes, my iPad Mini works with the OEM Apple Lightning to 30 pin Connector.
+ But I use only the audio. (I have no TV.)
+ Audio has only PCM 2.0.
+ I can operate it well but it feels a little unstable.
+ FYI: The connector is white! But the device is black.
- Answered by Jürgen S
- Mar 22, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
do I need a lightning adapter for the car charger?
- Asked by Patti G from Southern Pines
- Sep 14, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (do I need a lightning adapter for the car charger?)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB Cable (1 m)
Can I buy a second lightning adapter
- Asked by Karen F from Pender Island
- Jan 13, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I buy a second lightning adapter)
- Asked about: Apple 12W USB Power Adapter
will this case fit lightning adapter micro usb
- Asked by Shaun G
- Sep 13, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (will this case fit lightning adapter micro usb)
- Asked about: iPhone 5s Case - Black