What is the ID fingerprint identity sensor?
- Asked by Pablo R from Miami
- Sep 11, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the ID fingerprint identity sensor?)
2 Answers from the Community
The ID fingerprint is a convenient and highly secure way to access your phone. Your fingerprint can also approve purchases from iTunes Store, the App Store, and the iBooks Store, so you don’t have to enter your password. And Touch ID is capable of 360-degree readability. Which means no matter what its orientation — portrait, landscape, or anything in between — your iPhone reads your fingerprint and knows who you are. And because Touch ID lets you enroll multiple fingerprints, it knows the people you trust, too.
- Answered by Aisek S from San Diego
- Sep 11, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The Touch ID sensor is a capacitive touch screen sensor that doubles as a home button that reads your fingerprint only to unlock and authorize payments. The fingerprint is never stored on the iCloud server or in a backup it is only on the iPhones encrypted A7 processor chip. It is very secure and only your iPhone can accesses it.
- Answered by Estevan T from Charlotte
- Sep 12, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
How many finger prints can the 5s iphone Touch ID new fingerprint identity sensor handle? What If I wanted my kids to be able to unlock my phone?
What color is the fingerprint-sensor's ring on the gold 5S?
- Asked by Austin L from Ocean Springs
- Sep 15, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (What color is the fingerprint-sensor's ring on the gold 5S?)