I'm up for eligibility for new hone with AT&T and I'm ready to switch to Verizon, but I wanna keep my same number, is this an easy process? Can I get help at apple store
- Asked by David C from Houston
- Oct 10, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Switch carriers)
2 Answers from the Community
This is pretty simple to do.
First you need to call up AT&T and ask them for a PAC-Code, you use it to keep the same number. They should give it to you. PAC-Codes are usually valid for 30 days, Make sure you get a pen and paper and right it all down. After you have the code get a phone package of your choice from Verzion. Then once you have your new sim, Ring up verzion and say you have a Pac Code and want them to change your number to your old one.
Then it should be all done.
Hope this helps.
- Answered by Samuel C from Poole
- Oct 15, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
In simple terms:
• Firstly, make sure you have a Verizon pay monthly "nano sim". Usually it's easiest to just phone them and ask for one to be posted to you (normally a couple of days to receive), when you sign-up for the new contract with them.
• Secondly, phone AT&T to get your PAC (Port Authorisation Code) code, *BEFORE* your AT&T contract ends or you close it (the number has to be active to be switched).
• Thirdly, on the same day, phone Verizon and give them the PAC code.
• Fourthly, install the new Verizon nano sim in the phone anytime the next day.
Normally the number will switch over carrier sometime the next working day.
Additional note: Make sure you phone AT&T when you are near the end of your contract, as carriers won't hand-out PAC codes for contracts that still have more than a month or so left to run.
- Answered by James S
- Oct 16, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
i bought an iphone 4s through verizon but its to expensive to stay with them and i want to change carriers. what no contract company is good?
- Asked by Benjamin F from Plant City
- Feb 11, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (i bought an iphone 4s through verizon but its to expensive to stay with them and i want to change carriers. what no contract company is good?)