Is the iPhone 5 working in the WIND Mobile network in Canada? My friend has an iPhone 5 purchased in the Toronto Eaton centre and it is working.
iPhone 5 working in WIND Mobile?
- Asked by Radek K from Toronto
- Apr 17, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the iPhone 5 working in the WIND Mobile network in Canada? My friend has an iPhone 5 purchased in the Toronto Eaton centre and it is working.)
3 Answers from the Community
Yes, but you need to get a specific model. Visit your local apple store and ask about an iPhone 5 that works with Wind. The iPhone 5 is the only iPhone that works with Wind. They will give you a model that works with Wind or you can try and buy that model used online.
- Answered by George H from Mississauga
- May 23, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I am a Wind Mobile customer living in downtown Toronto and bought the iPhone 5S. Just to let you know the phone works on their network but not very well. After any subway trip, my iPhone can not reconnect back to the Wind network. I was advised by Wind Mobile's Warranty Centre (at Queen & Spadina) that the reconnection can take anywhere from a few minutes or hours to a few days (the longest time I have waited to be connected back to the network after using the subway was almost 24 hours). This is a glitch that occurs on all iPhones on the Wind network right now, as advised by the warranty centre, and the only solution is to put the iPhone on airplane mode before entering the subway.
- Answered by Rajat B from Toronto
- Feb 12, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Wind cutting out and taking several minutes to hours to reconnect is not an exclusive issue with the iPhone. My husband's Nexus 4 has the same issue on Wind.
- Answered by Zoe M from Calgary
- Jul 5, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3