How many finger prints can the 5s iphone Touch ID new fingerprint identity sensor handle? What If I wanted my kids to be able to unlock my phone?
4 Answers from the Community
It seems 5 is the max number if fingerprints.
- Answered by Irene Z from Port Orange
- Dec 6, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Even I am able to add only 5. Not sure if it is really dependent on Passcode because I have a 4 digit PIN as my passcode....
- Answered by Kranthi T
- Mar 11, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
So far, no one has said/found out anything about there being a limit to the amount of fingerprint scans available, since you can also register your other fingers for use. I would say that if you wanted, you'll have more than enough room for their prints.
- Answered by Hunter M
- Sep 12, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
It seems that the number of fingerprints you can register with touch id depends on how strong your passcode is. I tried using a 12+ character passcode for my iPhone5s and it only allows me to enroll up to 5 fingerprints.
- Answered by William T from Paranaque City
- Nov 30, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
Does the new fingerprint sensor have a backup? i.e. when wearing gloves, or when your kid in the far back of the minivan has your phone?
- Asked by Judith H from West Roxbury
- Sep 11, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the new fingerprint sensor have a backup? i.e. when wearing gloves, or when your kid in the far back of the minivan has your phone?)