Does the iPhone 5 have the UMA feature that I have on my current Blackberry? (phone uses my wifi network to make calls when I'm at home)
2 Answers from the Community
No models of iPhone support UMA.
- Answered by Nick G
- Jan 28, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I remember reading a while back that the iphone supported, or was being test for UMA for some European carrier. I don't know if it ever came to fruition, but UMA is a standard -- it was ratified by 3GPP and renamed to GAN (Generic Access Network I think..).
Given this is a 3G standard, it would be really nice if Apple enabled this feature. Only T-Mobile supports it in the US (of the major carriers), but worldwide this a very popular feature from what I have read online. Let's hope Apple enables UMA/GAN soon.
- Answered by Armand W from Riverside
- Jan 10, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Does the iPhone 5 have a signal boost eg. UMA - for a better signal for calls at home?
- Asked by Simone D from Moretonhampstead
- May 29, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the iPhone 5 have a signal boost eg. UMA - for a better signal for calls at home?)
Is UMA pre-installed on the iPhone 4s? as i have been using UMA with a blackberry as no mobile signal where i live so get it through my router