Does Assisted GPS revert to Satellite only GPS on iPhone if no network is available?
I'm thinking of buying either a GPS for Hiking or a SMART phone...but the GPS MUST work even when there's no mobile network. So...Mr. Apple ...can your magnificent machines work and provide me with a GPS location when there's no mobile or wifi signal?
- Asked by Peter C
- Jan 3, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Does Assisted GPS revert to Satellite only GPS on iPhone if no network is available?)
1 Answer from the Community
Assisted GPS refers to the need for an internet connection (whether through cellular data or wifi) to connect and give GPS coordinates. You can use an external device like the Spot Connect, which just uses bluetooth to connect with the iPhone to provide GPS when you're off the grid, or if it's just a need of directions, you can route it before you go, and just screenshot it on the iPhone so you can access it anytime.
- Answered by Janna P from Clackamas
- Jan 13, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Will my gps work in Europe
- Asked by Roberta S from Jamaica Plain
- Jun 27, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Will my gps work in Europe)